The popular meme-based crypto asset dogecoin has seen phenomenal gains in recent days. On August 16, 2021, the digital currency with the likeness of the Shiba Inu dog hit a record high of $ 0.44 per token. However, the cost of sending a transaction in dogecoin rose to that price on Friday as well.
Who let the DOGE out?
- Dogecoin (DOGE) has skyrocketed in value this week, shocking anyone watching digital currency markets in action. DOGE jumped to a high of $ 0.44 per unit Friday morning at 9:45 a.m. (EST).
- At 11:16 am (EST), DOGE’s 24-hour earnings are up to 187.22% and its seven-day earnings are up more than 497.11% against the US dollar. Against bitcoin (BTC), dogecoin has gained 465.06% this week.
- At the same time, statistics also show that dogecoin has gained 3,872.55% in just three months. 509.30% over the past month, and a whopping 18,299.46% against the US dollar over the past 12 months.
- Transaction fees for DOGE have also gone up and the average transaction now costs 1.25 DOGE or $ 0.465 USD according to bitinfocharts.com. The statistics show that in recent weeks dogecoin (DOGE) values are on the rise, DOGE network costs are tracking.
- Dogecoin is also getting a lot of attention from celebrities and companies such as Slim Jim, the famous beef jerky maker.
- “To quote a video: ‘Doge keeps going up, but our prices are up to date [the] Dallas Mavs Shop will remain the same, ” said Mark Cuban tweeted on Friday. “We have just set a 24-hour record in merchandise sales in Doge,” added the investor.
- At 11:00 am (EST), dogecoin (DOGE) markets captured 5th market position in terms of market valuation. At the time, DOGE’s total market valuation was $ 50.35 billion. Some crypto advocates have been ecstatic and rooted DOGE, while others “stupid money
- On April 15, 2021 at 12:33 PM, Tesla’s Elon Musk tweeted about DOGE again. The CEO of Tesla shared a meme saying: “Doge barks at the moon.” Then, dogecoin’s prices started to rage relentlessly after that tweet.
- Also known as ‘4:20 day’ to many cannabis advocates, April 20, 2021 is also ‘Doge Day’. according to some fans“This day could push it to $ 1,” tweeted Christopher Muñoz on Thursday.
- Galaxy Digital’s Mike Novogratz took a shot at dogecoin (DOGE) and XRP during his last interview with Marketwatch when he called them “weird coins.” As tokens like these have increased, Novogratz has warned of a “wash-out” of the crypto market.
Interested in viewing dogecoin (DOGE) markets in real time? Check out markets.Bitcoin.com today!
What do you think about dogecoin soaring to new heights on Friday? Let us know what you think about this topic in the comments section below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons, Christopher Muñoz Tweet, DOGE Wallpaper,
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or invitation to an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of products, services or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.